Established general contractor located in Metro Atlanta seeks a working Full-time Construction Superintendent experienced in Class A Commercial Interiors for local and out of state work. Out of state work will be in the Southeastern US only.
The ideal candidate will possess 5 years experience in Class A interior work for projects ranging from 2,000 to 35,000 sq. ft. Carpentry, drywall and acoustical experience is a plus. Work will be in occupied spaces with work being performed after hours and/or office shut down for remodels. Our Superintendent must possess strong subcontractor management skills and have a professional appearance at all times. The candidate must be computer literate, capable of submitting written progress reports and uploading job progress photos.
Excellent benefits package includes 401K and pays 100% of health insurance for the employee! Salary based on experience. Drug-free workplace with random drug testing. A clean background check is required for consideration of employment.
RESIDENTIAL RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Medical and Dental experience is a plus. OSHA 10 Hour Certification preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and coordinate construction and installation work in all technical areas (Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Electrical, and Instrumentation & Controls).
- Manage the construction/demolition activities to include the subcontractors, either directly or indirectly through area specialists who may be brought in for temporary assignments.
- Schedule construction subcontract work and report on progress.
- Maintain an orderly and complete history of the work in daily reports.
- Maintain and close out the project verifying that the project punch list is completed.
- Participate in the turnover process by assembling completion checklists and other construction records for inclusion in turnover and closeout documents.
- Interface with on-site client and their support contractors to coordinate field activities with other installation activities & permit requirements.
- Maintain field schedule and ensure adherence to budget.
- Maintain open line of communications with project managers, clients, architects.
- Strive for repeat business with clients.
- Adept at drywall, acoustical, ceiling and door installation; willing to self-perform work.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Commercial Superintendent, with verifiable references.
- College degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent is a plus.
- Sound technical foundation.
- Self-starter; willing to accept direction but needs none.
- Works well with clients to increase opportunities for repeat business.
- Clean driving record and background.
- Friendly, honest, integrity, sense of humor.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME, ALONG WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND PAST PROJECT LIST. All inquiries will remain in strictest confidence.
RESUMES WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND VERIFIABLE PROJECT REFERENCES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. RESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY. NO PHONE CALLS!