An established general contractor located in Metro Atlanta seeks a working Full-time Construction Superintendent experienced in Class A Commercial Interiors for local and out-of-state work. Out-of-state work will be in the Southeastern US only.
- Work will be in occupied spaces with work being performed after hours and/or office shut down for remodels.
- Drug-free workplace with random drug testing.
- 100% of health insurance for the employee
- Salary based on experience
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Plan and coordinate construction and installation work in all technical areas (Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Electrical, and Instrumentation & Controls).
- Manage the construction/demolition activities to include the subcontractors, either directly or indirectly through area specialists who may be brought in for temporary assignments.
- Schedule construction subcontract work and report on progress.
- Maintain an orderly and complete history of the work in daily reports.
- Maintain and close out the project verifying that the project punch list is completed.
- Participate in the turnover process by assembling completion checklists and other construction records for inclusion in turnover and closeout documents.
- Interface with on-site client and their support contractors to coordinate field activities with other installation activities & permit requirements.
- Maintain field schedule and ensure adherence to budget.
- Maintain an open line of communications with project managers, clients, architects.
- Strive for repeat business with clients.
- Adept at drywall, acoustical, ceiling and door installation; willing to self-perform work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience as a Commercial Superintendent, with verifiable references.
- A College degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent is a plus.
- Sound technical foundation.
- Self-starter; willing to accept direction but needs none.
- Works well with clients to increase opportunities for repeat business.
- Clean driving record and background.
- Friendly, honest, integrity, sense of humor.
- The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of experience in Class A interior work for projects ranging from 2,000 to 35,000 sq. ft. Carpentry
- Drywall and acoustical experience are a plus.
- Must possess strong subcontractor management skills and have a professional appearance at all times.
- The candidate must be computer literate, capable of submitting written progress reports and uploading job progress photos.
- A clean background check is required for consideration of employment.
- Residential resumes will not be considered.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification preferred.
- Please email resume, along with salary requirements and past project list.
- All inquiries will remain in strictest confidence.
- Resumes without salary requirements and verifiable project references will not be considered.
- Residential experience need not apply.
- No phone calls